Only War & Dark Heresy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tamokii
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Sun 01 Jan 2017, 02:19

"Wonderful. That will conclude our time together", he replies in a monotonous voice. "If you have any questions you are welcome to ask them now otherwise you will be returned to your room."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FallenDruid
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Sun 01 Jan 2017, 09:13

She pauses, thinking for a moment, then asks a arcane question concerning the particulars of generating a power field such as the one generated around a power fist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FallenDruid
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Mon 16 Jan 2017, 08:27

OOC: Can I get mission briefs for both parties, please? Apparently I was enough discombobulated the other night that I can't actually remember much more than Ice Planet Kulth, Orcs, and Ruins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tamokii
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Thu 19 Jan 2017, 21:13

Dark Heresy Brief:
As the ship enters the warp the Interrogator would pull Leni aside, "Sister a moment of your time. I'd like to discuss your next assignment on Kulth along with the various runes and ruins you'll be investigating at the poles."

Only War Brief:
Lt. Markov's aides would pull all the squad NCOs under his command into a small, poorly lit, room before turning on a projector. The Lieutenant would be at the front beside the board.
"Alright everyone the aides will be handing out your brief and where you will be stationed. We are tasked with assisting Kriegsmen with extermination of the Orcs Waagh! on Kulth until tasked otherwise. The environment of this planet is incredibly cold so you will be given winter gear." The lieutenant would go on to discuss Krieg etiquette.

"Now that concludes the briefing. Are there any questions or concerns? If they are squad specific questions please see me in my office after this".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FallenDruid
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Fri 20 Jan 2017, 15:47

Leni nods. "Of course, Interrogator." she says, and steps aside with him. "I understand that one of the poles is occupied by enemy forces?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tamokii
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Fri 20 Jan 2017, 22:07

"That is correct. The northern pole on Kulth is secured currently. The southern pole not under are control currently so you will be tasked with infiltrating and gathering information. Outside that do your best to not interfere with the current conflict on the planet."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FallenDruid
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Fri 20 Jan 2017, 22:18

She blinks a little. "Of course...what forces hold the southern facility?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FallenDruid
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Sun 22 Jan 2017, 13:39

AFTER ACTION REPORT
DEPARTMENT OF THE INQUISITION

ORDO XENOS
*BASE NAME HERE*, KULTH, CALIXIS SECTOR, SPINWARD FRONT, SEGMENTUM OBSCURUM

MEMORANDUM FOR

Interrogator Roberts

Acolyte Montague

SUBJECT: After Action Report, Ruins Investigation

I: This after action report is prepared IAW Administratum 48/ct Report Filing

II: Location: South Pole ruins, Kulth

III: Control HQ: Interrogator Roberts, Inquisitorum Ordo Xenos

IV: Reporting Officer: Acolyte Leni Montague

V: Task Organization:
i: Inquisition Forces
a: Arbites Octavius Tzarkov
b: Tek Priest Xanator
c: Battle Sister Leni Montague
ii: Ordo Astra Militarum
a: 116th Infantry Squad, 3rd Bn, 6th Penal Legion Hoth

VI: Support Forces
i: Valkyrie Sigma 7

VII: Intelligence
i: Intelligence indicated that opposition forces were relatively light, consisting of Goff Orks in small, fortified locations.  No Ork opposition were expected to be encountered on site.
ii: Contact with ork forces during the operation was against limited numbers investigating a target of opportunity as our forces extracted.  Ork forces deployed a wartrakks with a number of ork boyz with short ranged and close combat weapons, and a group of stormboyz.  This contact had a duration of 1-2 minutes.  Ork losses were high.  Identification of Ork forces contacted was not made.
iii: Overall evaluation of the accuracy of the intelligence produced during this operation is considered b/3 (Usually reliable, likely true).  The operational security was excellent.

VIII: Mission:
i: To conduct recon and evaluation in AO to determine if the ruins are an active hazard.
ii: Exfiltrate with information.

IX: Concepts of Operation:
i: Phase I: Inquisition team with Guards backup is to infiltrate AO via Valkyrie insertion, make way to ruins and investigate as needed.
ii: Phase II: Team exfiltrates to designated LZ and calls for extraction

X: Execution.  Frag O 24-66, HQ, Inq., received OPORD 12-66, based on verbal orders.
Operation commenced and continued as follows:
a: The Acolyte team commenced their movement by air with all attachments to South pole.  The move was made by Valkyrie.  All elements of the task force closed into the area.  Coordination was established and team proceeded en route to the ruins on foot.
b: Several Ork encampments were noted and avoided.  The ruins were located and entered by Inquisition forces, leaving two guardsmen on overwatch at the entrance, sniper and gunner.  Tekpriest Xanator lead the way.  (For full information on his discoveries, please refer to his rpt)  Forces determined that the ruins were Eldar in origin, and still powered.  Upon this discovery, Tekpriest Xanator requested Sister Montague perform a psyniscient scan.  Multiple psychic threat sources were detected, though the warp in the area was strangely shadowed. After a brief discussion, the team proceeded to investigate the threat source on the current level, approx. 1km distant. During this foray, confirmed that the Eldar ruins were extensive and still largely intact.  Psychic source was discovered behind a shielded door with eldar runes on it (Transcribed roughly as: This vault will open at the time of our greatest need, unless a singer asks it earlier).  With no way to open the door conventionally, Sister Montague inquired about the Lascutter.  Tekpriest Xanator immediately set the lascutter up and carved through the door.  Upon opening, it was discovered that the Vault appeared to contain fully mature Eldar warriors contained in stasis.  3 were immediately apparent.  On attempting ingress, a forcefield blocked the path.  It appeared impervious to the weapons we had, and did not respond to the Tekpriest using the Lascutter to sever power lines leading into the vault.  At that point, we returned to the central chamber, and recalled the forces we had left on overwatch at Tekpriest Xanator's urging.  Our entire group proceeded downward into the structure's depths.  A the base of the facility we discovered a large room, approx. 100 yds in diameter, strewn with dead eldar and destroyed eldar weaponry.  Sister Montague noted that the shadow, or fog, in the warp, appeared lighter at this depth.  Forces discovered the calcified remains of what Tek Priest Xanator described as a Tyranid.  The tekpriest believes that this battle occurred thousands of years ago, prior to human colonization on Kulth.  On examination, we determined that the primary thrust of the Tyranid attack appeared to come from the northwest side of the area, so on Sister Montague's suggestion we investigated the far southeast side, and discovered a vault full of several thousand psionically active gemstones.  At this point, Tek Priest Xanator demanded we leave the facility and RTB with information procured.  The majority of the group used unknown eldar technology – some form of grav lift? - to return to the main floor, while Sister Montague used the stairs.
c: The team exited the facility without issue and made their way to the extraction point. Sister Montague ordered the Guardsmen to dig in and prepare to repulse attackers as Arbiter Tzarkov called for extraction.  Several minutes later, an Ork force – several wartrakks and multiple squads of Ork infantry.  The guardsmen gunner destroyed at least one wartrakk with sustained missile fire before close contact was made.  During the conflict, all involved made a good showing of themselves.  Tek-Priest Xanator demonstrated considerable proficiency with the standard autogun, while Arbites Tzarkov valiantly held off an Ork Nob who was charging the guardsman's position.
d: Valkyrie arrived and forces extracted in good order.  While in flight, Tek Priest Xanator noted Eldar Grav tanks and insectile forms tentatively identified as Tyranid beginning combat with each other and orcs.
e: Operation was terminated by verbal order, control of Guardsman squad reverted to their command structure.

XI: Results:
i: Personnel:
a: Friendly:
1. Arbiter Tzarkov KIA
2. Astra Militarum: 4 KIA, 2 WIA
b: Enemy:
1. Ork: 6 KIA (Conf), 17 KIA (Poss)
ii: Equipment:
1. None
1. Destroyed:
Wartrakk (1)

XII: Administrative Matters
i: Supply: Units participating drew necessary supplies as needed.
ii: Resupply: Resupply was not needed.
iii: Maintenance: Support was on an “On call” basis, no problem areas were noted.
iv: Treatment of Casualties and Evacuation and Hospitalization: Battalion aid stations were positioned adequately, with “Dust off” on call.  No significant problems arose.
v: Transportation: Troop movement, transportation of supplies and equipment were affected entirely by STOL Valkyrie.
vi: Communications: Retraining of Acolyte squad on proper coms protocols recommended.

XIII: Analysis:
i: Operation completed with no significant issues.  No chain of command difficulties arose between Inquisition forces and Astra Militarum.  Astra Militarum should be commended for steadiness under fire and overwhelming assault.
ii: Acolyte team did not have sufficient firepower or training to operate in a high intensity conflict against Ork heavy infantry, placing them in a position of disadvantage directly resulting in the loss of Aribiter Tzarkov.  Recommend further training and the requisition of heavier weapons when operating in a conflict zone.

Very Respectfully,

Acolyte Leni Montague, Inquisitorum Ordo Xenos
Battle Sister, Adepta Sororitas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FallenDruid
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Sun 22 Jan 2017, 16:57

At the end of the day, though he's been ferried through hell on a ship that's ten thousand years old to some godforsaken, war-torn rock; though he deployed from high orbit with nothing but a grav chute; though he is one of ten million men and women snatched from his homeworld to fight a war he barely understands; though he has been given a weapon that fires small suns and may annihilate him as he fires because the knowledge of how it functions has been lost; though his company is supported by tractor-tanks that run on anything you can burn; though he wages war against a devouring hivemind, ravenous demons and hordes of hyper-advanced aliens with strange technologies and sorceries he never dreamed existed; no one will remember his sacrifice, there will be no records of his deeds, no glorious parades in his honor, and no remembrance of his name. All he will earn is a shallow, unmarked grave on a forgotten world untold lightyears from home.

Yet for all this thankless sacrifice a Guardsman is a man, just like you. He has no millennia-old genetic engineering, no prophetic leader, no miracles of faith. He has his lasgun, his orders, and those beside him. He is the Imperial Guard.

And he will hold the line.

AFTER ACTION REPORT
ASTRA MILITARUM

487TH PENAL LEGION TARTARUS VI
*BASE NAME HERE*, KULTH, CALIXIS SECTOR, SPINWARD FRONT, SEGMENTUM OBSCURUM

MEMORANDUM FOR

Lieutenant Markov

Artisan Tek-Priest 'Antona'

SUBJECT: After Action Report, Reinforcement Drop

I: This after action report is prepared IAW Administratum 48/ct Report Filing

II: Location: Krieg-held trench lines, Kulth

III: Control HQ: 2nd Brigade, 23rd Infantry Division, 487th Legionnaires

IV: Reporting Officer: Artisan Tek-priest 'Antona'

V: Task Organization:
i: 2nd Bn, 23rd Inf Task Force
a: Plat, 4th Bn, 23rd Inf.
b: 1117th ODST Squad, 4th Bn, 23rd Inf
c: VHF Sig Team

VI: Support Forces
i: Artillery.  B Battery, Drake's Claw, attached to 2nd Brigade for Ortillery support.
ii: Tactical Air: Valkyrie cover flights
VII: Intelligence
i: Intelligence indicated that opposition forces were relatively light, consisting of Goff Orks with no centralized command/control committing unorganized advances against prepared defenses/
ii: Contact with ork forces during the operation was against overwhelming numbers charging with support fire and combined arms tactics.  Orks employed heavy infantry and weapons, along with CQB specialized troops and war animals.  Multiple flamer armed squads were encountered.
iii: Success of the operation is attributed to speed and response of reinforcement squadrons despite faulty intelligence.
iv: Overall evaluation of the accuracy of the intelligence produced during this operation is considered f/6 (Usually unreliable, likely false).  The operational security was excellent.

VIII: Mission:
i: Support and reinforce Krieg detachments on the front trench lines.

IX: Concepts of Operation:
i: Phase I: Squads are to drop from orbit in HALO gear and reinforce Krieg troops in a contested landing zone.
ii: Phase II: After reinforcing Krieg detachment and destroying Ork advance, squad will be relieved when Krieg reinforcements arrive.
X: Execution.  Frag O 24-66, HQ, Inq., received OPORD 12-66, based on verbal orders. Operation commenced and continued as follows:
a: 1117th ODST commenced their movement by space with all attachments to designated drop zone.  The move was made by Valkyrie.  All elements of the task force dropped into contested zone, cleared by sustained grenade launcher fire by squad as they dropped.
b: Valkyrie ground support fire and bunker fire cleared small zones of area.  Squad immediately responded and attempted to push back the oncoming Ork horde.  Ork flamer squads reached the trench line despite Psyker Deegan's admittedly impressive efforts and critically injured Psyker Deegan as well as many surviving Kriegsmen.  Marksman Vorgan picked off priority targets as possible while Trooper Lucien attempted supressive fire, which the Orks effectively ignored, despite sustaining casualties. Tekpriest 'Antona' attempted to make herself the focal point of the Orc horde and succeeded in drawing the attention of multiple enemy squads.  At this time, strange psychic phenomena occurred with no logical explanation, causing blood to rain from the skies and the ground to quake.  Due to the sudden and inexplicable storm of blood, Valkyrie air support was unable to run support missions.
c: Tek-priest 'Antona's' position was overrun by orcs as war-animals overran the section of trench held by Psyker Deegan.  Marksman Vorgan and Gunner Lucien  moved to support him, and were also overrun and brought down.  At this time, Tek-priest 'Antona' began grenading her own position.  The Krieg held bunker was destroyed.  Valkyrie support announced that they would resume strafing runs in a matter of minutes. After prolonged melee combat against Ork Heavy infantry, the Ork attack was finally repulsed.
d: Krieg reinforcements arrived 34 minutes after the attack was repulsed, relieving 1117th ODST, who had only 1 effective combatant at that point.  All troops were evacuated to 4077th Krieg Mobile Army Surgical Hospital.
e: Operation was terminated by verbal order

XI: Results:
i: Personnel:
1. All Krieg forces KIA
2. 1117th ODST: 8 WIA, 3 KIA
1. Ork: 63 KIA (Conf), 250 KIA (Poss)

XII: Administrative Matters
i: Supply: Units participating drew necessary supplies as needed.
ii: Resupply: Resupply was not needed.
iii: Maintenance: Support was on an “On call” basis, no problem areas were noted.
iv: Treatment of Casualties and Evacuation and Hospitalization: Battalion aid stations were positioned adequately, with “Dust off” on call.  No significant problems arose.
v: Transportation: Troop movement, transportation of supplies and equipment were affected entirely by STOL Valkyrie.
vi: Communications:  No problems noted

XIII: Analysis:
i: Operation completed with significant issues.  Astra Militarum supplied intelligence was inadequate and faulty.
ii: 1117th ODST lacked adequate melee weaponry and training for high intensity conflict against Ork Heavy  infantry. Recommend training and supply of  effective melee weaponry for future operations in this zone.
iii: Honors and notable actions: All participants in this orbital drop were wounded. Recommend Order of the Scarlet Wing for Tek-priest 'Antona', Marksman Vorgan, Psyker Deegan, Gunner Lucian.  Order of the Crimson Skull (with cluster) for Marksman Vorgan.  Medallion Crimson for Psyker Deegan, Marksman Vorgan, Tek-priest 'Antona', and (the other dead guys we presumably have). Ribbon Intrinsic for successfully holding the line should be rewarded to the  1117th ODST.

Respectfully,

Artisan Tek-Priest 'Antona', 1117th ODST, 23rd Div, 487th Penal Legion Tartarus VI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FallenDruid
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Sun 22 Jan 2017, 17:11

Finally having been discharged form the medical unit, after their faulty and uncaring treatment of her augmetics had nearly spiralled down into abysmal failure due to their refusal to transport her to the care of qualified Tek-priest medicae, or failing that at least to discharge her under the care of Marksman Vorgan, Antona wanders the base slowly, feeling a strange, deep ache in her weak meat-self. Setting that aside, she sets about attempting acquire melee weaponry, knowing that the likelihood of getting it as mission assigned gear is slim, and the chances of their quartermaster actually assigning to them even slimmer. Unfortunately, with her formal requests ignored and her less formal attempts rebuffed - though more politely than usual - there's very little left to her chances, unless she has time to craft her own. Fortunately or that, at least, she hasn't been notified of anything that her squad is required for.

So she wanders the field base, searching for the Engin-seer's encampment, that she might beg a few hours in their workshops and partsbins in return for an Artisan's services in diagnostication of their Machine Spirits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tamokii
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Thu 26 Jan 2017, 21:58

When discharged from the medical unit you'd be given paperwork labeling you fit for duty. Beyond those papers there would be another assigning you to your regiments engineer corp. to assist in construction of defenses.

The weather in your area, compared to your initial landing, has grown into a raging blizzard with only paths lit by lanterns.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FallenDruid
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Thu 26 Jan 2017, 22:26

Lovely weather.

Antona bundles up well and heads over to the combat engineers, setting to with a will and helpfully reminding herself of the speed and strength inspiring sound of incoming artillery shells.

Security - 65 int, Known: 1d100 69
Check for perimeter defenses - Security is closest match?

At the same time, she's going to keep an eye out for any bits of interesting tech laying around loose and will endeavor to make off with them if it seems feasible. She needs more bits, and apparently the regimental Q has put her on The List of no acceptance. Jerk...after all she's done for them, too.

Awareness for bits of interesting tech - Per 35, +10: 1d100 77

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tamokii
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Thu 26 Jan 2017, 23:09

Perfect weather for hot chocolate, shame they're out. Security works just fine.

Upon arrival with the combat engineers they would show you around, requesting assistance with various tasks such as constructing watch towers, setting up walls, and even connecting automated defenses. (Tech-Use)

Upon your own inspection there seems to be nothing out of place or that would allow for a breach of security. Outside the supplies being used to develop the wall the only items easily concealed would be an engineers combat shovel, truncheon, axe, and cavalry spears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FallenDruid
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Fri 27 Jan 2017, 07:09

Antona takes control of the turret task, as it best suits her abilities and proclivities.

Tech Use - Turret Setup Int 65, trained +10, combitool +10: 1d100 18

If at ll possible, she'll make use of the engineer's combat shovel, and just wont return it unless specifically asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tamokii
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   Fri 27 Jan 2017, 10:25

After assisting in the setup of several turrets, construction of the wall and towers you are dismissed by the engineers who very quickly disperse to return to their own barracks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Only War & Dark Heresy   

Back to top Go down

Only War & Dark Heresy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2